These external links have been chosen to provide additional resources.Select a category below to move to that section:
Business Tools & Resources
- Business USA State Guides: Interactive map that provides data and resources for businesses and exporters of all sizes. Includes information on small business resources, economic development, financing, housing and more.
- Construction QuickCost Estimator: Enter the type of building and project zip code, and this site will provide the estimated costs to construct the building.
- Currency Converter Calculator: Convert currency using exchange rates that are updated once every minute.
- MoneyTree Venture Capital Report: Quarterly study of venture capital investment activity in the United States produced by PricewaterhouseCoopers and the National Venture Capital Associationusing Thomson Reuters data.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS): NAICS is a six-digit industry-wide classificationsystem that replaced the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) in 1997.This code-based system is designed to be the index for reporting economic activities across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
- State and Local Government on the Web: A directory of state and local government websites
Community Profiles & Demographics
- U.S. Census Bureau American Community Survey:The most current data estimates at the city and county levels. Detailed information on demographics, employment, income, social environment, and more.
- U.S. Census Bureau City & County QuickFacts:Detailed population, demographic, housing, and economic data at the city and county levels.
- Sperling’s City Comparisons: Compare cities side-by-side. Categories include crime, housing, economy, education, and climate.
- Zip Code Demographics:Enter a ZIP Code and click to view the community segment data of the area. Then compare the local demographic and lifestyle data to national averages.
- State of the Cities Data Systems (SOCDS): Searchable databases provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), including urban public finance data, FBI crime data and comprehensive housing affordability strategy data.
- Bankrate.com Cost of Living Comparison Calculator: Offers cost of living comparisons for selected metro areas based on ACCRA Cost of Living Index data.
- Sperling’s Cost of Living Comparisons: Side-by-side cost of living comparisons for a wide range of cities.
- Florida Price Level by County:This Florida Department of Educationreport provides a price level index for Florida’s counties. This is especially helpful to showcase the cost advantages of communities with lower price levels.
- Florida Department of Revenue:Florida specific tax information and forms for property tax, unemployment tax,corporate income tax, county tax rates, tax statistics and more.
- Federation of Tax Administrators:State tax comparisons and information for all 50 states.Includes individual and corporate income tax rates, sales tax rates(with food and drug exemptions), and excise taxes (motor fuel, cigarette, spirits, etc.).
- Florida Public Service Commission:Information about Florida’s electric, gas, telecom, water, and wastewater companies.
- U.S. Department of Energy – Electricity Profiles: State and National electricity profiles.
International Information & Resources
- Trade Finance Guide: A Quick Reference for U.S. Exporters: Produced by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administraion, this guide is designed to help U.S. companies, especially small and medium-sized enterprises, learn the basics of trade finance. Concise, two-page chapters offer the basics of numerous financing techniques.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC): OPIC helps U.S. businesses invest overseas, fosters economic development in new and emerging markets, complements the private sector in managing risks associated with foreign direct investment, and supports U.S. foreign policy.
- CIA World Factbook: Extensive information on every recognized country in the world. Data is diverse ranging from trade to weather. Great site to access if you have representatives visiting from another country, plan on making a trip to foreign country, or are looking for contact information to expand trade in your community.
- The World Bank Group’s Data Profiles & Country at a Glance Tables: Key indicators tracing the trends in social and economic development over the last three decades for more than 200 countries. Aggregates for each country’s regional and income groups are also included.
- Library of Congress Country Studies: A description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of countries throughout the world.
- U.S. Department of State Directory:Links to U.S. Embassies, Counsulates, and Diplomatic Missions around the world.
Department of Economic Opportunity
: Current employment and unemployment statistics, employment & wage reports, and unemployment claims information. Publications section includes detailed Industry Profiles, Fact Sheets and maps. Estimates of the number of people employedby occupations and the average wages paid to them