- Bring your Business to Florida
- Why Florida
- News & Resources
- Export From Florida
- For International Companies
- For the Media
- What We Do For Florida
Helping Florida manufacturers obtain safety, quality, accuracy, performance, and environmental compliance standards in the global marketplace
Having the right international registrations, certifications, or markings for your products can be vital to your company’s expansion overseas. Through the state’s Export Diversification and Expansion Initiative, Enterprise Florida offers International Registration Grants to help small to medium-sized manufacturers offset the costs of obtaining such registrations required to do business in foreign markets.
Examples of eligible registrations/certifications include:
Please contact your local EFI trade representative for more information and to receive the grant application.
1. Must be new to the market where the international registration/certification is required.
2. New registrations/ certifications only.
• Cannot be used for renewals of existing registration/certification.
• Grant will not be awarded for registrations/ certifications already completed.
3. Registration/certification must be required for exporting to markets outside of the United States, including commonwealths and territories.
4. Examples of eligible certifications/registrations include, but are not limited to:
• CE Mark
• ETL Listed Mark
• Aircraft Airworthiness Licenses
• Sanitary Certificates
5. Only registrations/certifications approved by Enterprise Florida will be eligible.
Eligible costs will vary based on the registration/certification and will be determined at time of application. Please contact your local EFI Trade Representative for further information.
1. Proof of company registration with Florida Division of Corporations from www.sunbiz.org.
2. Copy of dated proposal/application from certifying body showing a breakdown of costs.
1. An invoice billing EFI for grant award amount. Grant payments will only be issued via ACH.
2. Signed and dated IRS W-9 Form. W-9 must be dated within the last 24 months.
3. Copy of international registration/certification from issuing body.
4. Proof of payment.
5. Completed Export Sales Report reflecting anticipated sales due to the certification/registration.
A company may receive a maximum of three trade grants each year between July 1 to June 30 (EFI’s fiscal year), subject to the limitations below:
Submission Process: Applicants must request from EFI an online Grant Application (“application”) and submit all required documentation within 45 days after the original international registration/certification application is submitted. Grants will NOT be considered for registrations/certifications already completed.
Evaluation Process: Enterprise Florida staff will review all applications and make a determination regarding the applicant’s eligibility and grant award amounts within ten (10) days of receipt of application.
If the Grantee does not submit the required reimbursement documents within thirty (30) calendar days after the registration/certification has been completed, Enterprise Florida reserves the right to cancel the grant award without reimbursement.
If Enterprise Florida learns that any of the information provided on the application is false, Enterprise Florida has the right to cancel the reimbursement if not already paid, or require repayment of funds already disbursed.