FY 2020-2021 Florida Defense Support Task Force Grant Recipients
- Santa Rosa County Board of County Commissioners $70,000 – To develop and implement a Career Academy Outreach for Military Children
- Clay County $500,000 – To buffer Camp Blanding from incompatible land development at Camp Blanding Joint Training Center
- Polk County Board of County Commissioners $500,000 – To protect Avon Park Air Force Range from encroachment through the acquisition of a conservation easement to prevent incompatible land use
- Orlando Economic Partnership $110,000 – To support the Modeling, Simulation, and Training (MS&T) Center’s growth and expansion in Florida emphasizing its national security value and contribution to Florida’s military installations. Additionally, this funding supports Orlando Economic Partnership’s efforts to expand MS&T education starting in middle school through graduate school.
- South Florida Progress Foundation $110,000 – To complete a South Florida-focused resilience assessment to posture quad-county installations and personnel for sustained mission accomplishment and protection of vital installations in the face of climate-driven and other resilience challenges.
- Northeast Florida Fire Watch Council $160,000 – To fund educational programming, the Northeast Florida Military & Veteran Resources Guide and a Micro Grant program to strengthen of suicide prevention in Northeast Florida.
- Bay County Board of County Commissioners $164,277 – To support the ongoing rebuilding of Tyndall Air Force Base.
- University of West Florida $60,000 – To advance Florida’s Military Training, Test and Evaluation Ranges.
- TOTAL – $1,674,277