February 14, 2019
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
TALLAHASSEE (July 24, 2017) – The Florida Sports Foundation welcomes Angela Adams Suggs as its new President and Senior Vice President of Sports Development for Enterprise Florida beginning August 7. She brings a wealth of experience and an excitement to lead the Tallahassee-based Florida Sports Foundation as it continues working to support Florida’s $57 billion sports industry.
Suggs comes to the Foundation from Florida A&M University where she has held various roles since 2009. Her most recent role has been the Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs and Senior Woman Administrator (SWA).
Suggs served as the lead role in FAMU’s Athletics Marketing and Promotions, Development, Athletics Communications, Licensing and Branding. She was the athletics department’s primary liaison with campus direct support organizations (DSO), neutral site games such as the Florida Blue Florida Classic, affinity/support groups, and community relations. She oversaw administration for the Men’s and Women’s Track & Field and Cross Country teams along with the Softball, Men’s and Women’s Tennis teams, and Spirit Groups.
While Suggs has led the athletic administration of those teams, the Rattlers Women’s Cross Country team has won the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Championship (MEAC) for the last five years and the Softball team has been crowned MEAC Champs each of the last four years. The FAMU Men’s Tennis team won the 2017 conference championship. Additionally, the department received the Mary McLeod Bethune Women’s All Sports Award for two consecutive years.
A native of Tallahassee, her previous experience includes work in sales with Brown and Brown Insurance, Joe Robbie/Pro Player Stadium and the Marriott Corporation. Suggs holds a 1992 B.S. degree in Business Economics from Florida A&M and a M.S. degree from St. Thomas University.
“The Florida Sports Foundation is an amazing organization and I am honored accept the President role, Suggs said. “Sports support jobs in all Florida communities and bring billions into our economy. I look forward to working with the board of directors, staff and industry leaders as we continue the growth of sports tourism and development in Florida.”
Angela is married to Davin Suggs and the couple has one daughter Dillyn Ashleigh.
The Florida Sports Foundation is a non-profit corporation, serving as the Sports Industry Development Division of Enterprise Florida, Inc. The mission of the Florida Sports Foundation is to:
• Assist Florida’s communities with securing, hosting and retaining sporting events and sports related business that generate significant economic impact and sports-related tourism for the state of Florida through the Foundation’s grant programs, legislative initiatives and Industry Partner service, recognition and development.
• Provide the citizens of Florida with participation opportunities in the Sunshine State Games and Florida Senior Games events.
• Serve as Florida’s leading resource for Sport Tourism research and facts.
• Assist in the promotion of targeted leisure sport industries in Florida.
• Assist National and Florida State Governing Bodies to promote amateur sport development through Florida’s Sunshine State Games and hosting events in Florida.
For more information on the Florida Sports Foundation, visit www.flasports.com.