Enterprise Florida Applauds Governor Ron DeSantis’ Freedom First Budget Proposal
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) joins other state economic development organizations to applaud Governor Ron DeSantis’ continued prioritization of Florida’s economic development in his Fiscal Year 2022-23 budget proposal to the Florida Legislature.
“Throughout his administration, Governor DeSantis has taken a steadfast and forward-thinking approach to economic development,” said Acting Secretary of Commerce Marc Adler, President and CEO of Enterprise Florida, Inc. “As a result, current businesses are expanding and new businesses are relocating and expanding to Florida in droves, our economy is thriving, and we have one of the top talent pools in the country. The budget proposal items announced today will afford Enterprise Florida the opportunity to continue its mission in growing and diversifying Florida’s economy.”
Governor DeSantis’ budget proposal includes the following economic development initiatives:
- $100 million for the Job Growth Grant Fund which in partnership with the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity promotes public infrastructure and workforce training across the state.
- $105 million in support of the Rural Infrastructure Fund to facilitate the planning, preparing, and financing of infrastructure projects in rural communities which will encourage job creation, capital investment and the strengthening and diversification of rural economies.
- $7.5 million to support Quick Response Training Grants via CareerSource Florida, which funds specialized training for growing industries.
- $2 million to support the Florida Defense Support Task Force as it continues to help Florida be the most military and veteran-friendly state in the nation.
- $5.2 million to fund the Florida Sports Foundation in its mission to promote Florida’s unique sports industry and coordinate amateur sports programs and revenue-generating spectator events.
“Governor DeSantis has gone above and beyond to ensure businesses in Florida have the resources and support to grow and prosper,” said Holly Borgmann, vice-chairman of the EFI Board of Directors. “As we look around the state, we are seeing Florida’s businesses and communities flourish. Because of our governor, Florida is positioned as an economic driver both nationally and internationally.”