Governor Ron DeSantis Leads Business Development Mission to Israel
Governor Ron DeSantis Outlines Bold Agenda for Upcoming Business Development Mission to Israel
Tallahassee, Fla. – Today, Governor Ron DeSantis outlined a bold agenda for his upcoming Business Development Mission to Israel from May 25-31, 2019. The mission includes several historic firsts for a governor’s business development mission, providing Florida with a unique opportunity to strengthen the economic bonds between Florida and Israel.
“I promised to be the most pro-Israel Governor in America and our bold agenda for my upcoming business development mission to Israel includes many historic firsts, strengthening Florida’s ties with Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East,” said Governor DeSantis. “Our delegation will secure a historic number of memorandums of understanding for a governor’s business development mission. These agreements will benefit Florida students, businesses and residents for decades to come from securing high-wage jobs, to the development of environmental technology to research and academic opportunities.”
Governor-led missions are part of a global trade development and business recruitment strategy that involves leaders from business, government and economic development organizations throughout Florida. The missions provide a unique opportunity to promote Florida’s business advantages, assist exporters in meeting clients, and identify and attract foreign direct investment. Governor-led missions target markets where a significant opportunity exists to expand Florida’s economy.
Governor DeSantis’ bold agenda for the upcoming Business Development Mission to Israel features the following participants, agreements and events:
- More than 90 delegates from Florida, representing every corner of the state
- Meeting with Israeli government officials to strengthen the ties and synergy between Florida and Israel
- The participation of more than 10 Florida institutions of higher education
- More than 15 strategic Partnerships and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs)
- More than 10 business meetings to recruit new investments and bring high-wage jobs to Florida
- Keynoting a business address to hundreds of American and Israeli business leaders and executives
- Two policy-driven roundtables aimed to improve Florida’s environmental technology and public safety
- More than six business and economic networking receptions
- Ceremonial meeting of the Governor and members of the Florida Cabinet at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem
- Cultural visits to strengthen the ties between Florida and Israeli residents
Additional information regarding the Governor’s Business Development Mission to Israel is available on the Enterprise Florida website. Pursuant to Florida Statute 119.071(2)d, certain information such as event locations and times will not be shared in advance for security purposes.
During his time in the U.S. Congress, Governor DeSantis led the successful charge to move the U.S. Embassy from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem and advocated for U.S. recognition of Israeli sovereignty of the Golan Heights. Since taking office, Governor DeSantis followed through on his commitment to enhance security at Jewish Day Schools and took a strong position opposing the BDS movement including commercial discrimination against Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria by invoking Florida’s anti-BDS law against Airbnb.