October 21, 2020
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Awards honor Florida businesses for job creation, entrepreneurship, and export growth and excellence
TALLAHASSEE, FL – Today, Governor Rick Scott announced that nominations are open for the 2013 Governor’s Innovators in Business Awards. Florida companies in select industries that have influenced the state’s economic growth and diversification are asked to submit nominations to Enterprise Florida by October 24.
Governor Scott said, “These awards provide well-deserved recognition for Florida businesses working to diversify and expand our economy. Florida’s economic turnaround continues thanks to our job creators that provide opportunities for Florida families. I look forward to recognizing these innovative businesses and appreciate all they do to make sure families can live their American Dream.”
The industries recognized this year include:
• Trade/Export Services
Secretary of Commerce and president & CEO of Enterprise Florida Gray Swoope said, “This awards program allows us to recognize companies for their outstanding accomplishments. There are so many great companies across all industries in our state, and we are excited to recognize some of the most successful businesses for their dedication and contributions to Florida’s economy.”
Three awards will be given in each of these categories:
• Governor’s Business Expansion Award: For Florida companies that expanded their operations in 2012, investing capital and creating jobs for Floridians.
• Governor’s Newcomer Award: For new-to-Florida companies that began business operations in 2012.
• Governor’s Export Excellence Award: For Florida companies with new or significant increases in documented export sales in 2012.
• Governor’s Innovation/Entrepreneurship Award: For Florida start-up companies or innovative companies that have set a standard for entrepreneurship and creativity in the past three years.
Companies will compete with others in similarly sized markets. In each category an award will be given for the following market segments:
• Mid Market: County population up to 150,000
• Major Market: County population 150,001 to 800,000
• Mega Market: County population 800,001 and higher
The entry deadline is October 24, 2013 at 5 p.m. For more information and to submit a nomination, please visit www.eflorida.com/govawards.
Enterprise Florida, Inc. is a partnership between Florida’s business and government leaders and is the principal economic development organization for the state of Florida. Enterprise Florida’s mission is to facilitate job growth for Florida’s businesses and citizens leading to a vibrant statewide economy. In pursuit of its mission, Enterprise Florida works closely with a statewide network of economic development partners and is funded both by the State of Florida and by private-sector businesses.